Dreamy Digital Designer
Dream & Do is a full service creative agency for start-ups, business visionaries and dreamers everywhere. Our purpose is to ‘help people create their own destiny by giving them the courage to DO what they always dreamed of.’ We offer start-ups and small businesses great design, branding and creative thinking to paint their vision and connect with their customers. We love business and believe in the power of creativity to transform businesses into brands. We believe that creativity is the edge in a knowledge economy and dreaming is the first step to creating a new reality.
Today, Dream & Do is a start-up creative agency, but tomorrow, it will be so much more. Dream & Do will be the world class brand for following your dreams and it’s ‘Dream Team’ will be pioneers of creativity.
Dream & Do has a small team of highly creative, caring individuals that have an alternative view on the world. We don’t have enemies but if we had to pick, it would be trends and monotony. We are thinkers and explorers and are constantly pushing ourselves to the edge of our creativity, expanding it with every project. We are not driven by ‘making things look pretty’ or winning design awards, but turning incredible ideas into reality for good people that deserve success. Dream & Do is growing fast and looking for a brand new digital designer to join the ‘Dream Team’.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
If you are looking for a traditional agency, this is not the job for you. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We are friends with our clients and care for them long after they stop paying us. We are creatives but we are also entrepreneurs, our 4 day work week allows everyone in our team enough time for their own creative pursuits and experiments outside of work.
You will fit right in if you:
- Have a great sense of humour and don’t take life too seriously. We are branding gurus, not heart surgeons
- Ideas and creative thinking are your natural high
- Love art and culture and are ahead of the curve of trends
- Passionate about business and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a creative pursuit outside of your day job
- Passion for learning and rapidly developing new skills
- Can work under pressure of fast deadlines
- Resourceful and will do anything you need to to get the job done, even if it is ‘outside your job description’
- Want your job to mean something
- Digital design and innovation makes your heart beat faster. You are desperate to create work that gets noticed in this exciting digital era
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
At the moment, there are three main services that Dream & Do offers. Start-up branding (branding from scratch), Re-brands (for successful small businesses who want to take it to the next level through a great brand), and Creative Content (for brands who want to connect with their customer in interesting ways).
You will be responsible for the digital application and development for all of this work. You will be involved in concept to completion of project and be highly collaborative in your work. Most of our websites are currently built on Squarespace and Shopify but these templates have design limitations and we want a skilled digital designer to be able to take these sites to the next level. There is opportunity to work on custom sites and apps and you will be responsible for developing these with a team of outsourced developers. Dream & Do is breaking into the tech-start-up space and this role is a huge opportunity to design for some of Australia’s leading tech businesses. You will also be working on digital marketing assets and have an understanding on how to amplify our brands online.
SKILLS TO THRILL:
- Attention to detail with strong design principles
- A design qualification, Degree preferred but not essential
- At least 4 years industry experience, agency experience preferred
- Strong Conceptual skills and ownership of projects
- A good communicator and can work well in a team, keep client at heart
- Work to deadlines
- Proven UX and UI skills
- Knowledge of html and css and proven record of working with developers
- An outstanding folio demonstrating varied selection of digital work
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Motion Graphics and video editing skills would be highly favoured
- Responsive UI design skills and proven UX principles
- Strong commercial understanding of ecommerce and digital marketing
- Social media and basic SEO knowledge
Please note, we would love to interview everyone but unfortunately it’s not possible. We will only be contacting candidates who are successful in progressing to the interview stage. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you now if you have applied for the role and do not hear back from us.
No Recruiters please. Only Australian Residents may apply, please.
Salary $45K+ (4 days/week)
Email your CV, Cover Letter and Design Folio to